CompTIA CASP+ CE – 13 CASP+ Renewal CEU Options
CompTIA CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification for security architects and senior security engineers. CompTIA CASP+ CE (Continuing Education) requirement mandates that CASP+ certified professionals must earn 75 CEUs every three years to retain their certifications. We have explored the details of the CASP+ CE program and listed 13 ways to renew CASP+ certification.
In this article
📌 Hint: Do not skip this article, you will find FREE CompTIA CEU credit resources throughout the article.
CompTIA CASP+ CE Requirements
Once you earned CompTIA CASP+ certification, you must be aware that there are certain requirements to keep your certification in good standing. These requirements are defined in the CompTIA CASP+ CE (Continuing Education) policy. Note that, recertification requirements are different for each CompTIA certification. You can see the requirements for other certifications in our CompTIA CEU guide.
The following table summarizes the CompTIA CASP+ CE requirements.
|Required CEU Credits
|Annual CE Fee
|Total Fee for 3 Years
If you have a CompTIA CASP+ certification, you must earn 75 CEUs every three years to retain your CASP+ certification. Besides, there is an annual CASP+ CE fee of $50 per year. For three years, you will pay $150 in total to renew your CompTIA CASP+ certification.
There are several ways to earn CompTIA CASP+ CEU credits and there are certain conditions for each activity. We have listed all of them below.
CompTIA CASP+ CE Renewal Course Program – Renew Your CompTIA Certification
San Francisco Business School offers an online, self-paced comprehensive CompTIA CEU Online training program.
Enroll in the CompTIA CEU Online Program. Complete three self-paced online CEU courses. Earn 60 CEU credits. Renew your CompTIA certification. CompTIA approved renewal process for Security+, A+, CASP+, and other CompTIA certifications.
The program offers three self-paced business training programs: Executive Leadership, Strategy Creation & Execution, and Marketing Strategy. For each course in the program, SFBS awards a certificate of graduation. While earning CEUs, you will earn reputable business merits to highlight in your resume and LinkedIn.
13 Ways to Earn CompTIA CASP+ CE Credits
CompTIA has a three-step renewal process and focuses on the three-year CE renewal period each year. In the first year, the certification holder gets familiar with the CompTIA renewal requirements, and CE types and pays the annual CE fee. In the second year, the certification holder starts earning CEUs, reports them, and pays the annual fee. Finally, in the third year of the renewal process, CompTIA-certified professional completes the missing CEU credits in their renewal cycle, pays the CE fees, and renews their certification.
The CompTIA CASP+ certification renewal process starts on the day you earned the certification. CompTIA requires you to earn the required CEUs within three years after you earn your certification. For instance, if you earned your CASP+ certification on Jan 15, 2024, you have to earn the required CEUs and pay the annual CE fees until Jan 15, 2027, to keep your certification in good standing.
Therefore, it is better to start earning CEUs right after earning your CASP+ certification. CompTIA lists 13 different ways of earning CompTIA CEU credits. These are:
- Attending Training Courses (e.g. CompTIA CEU Course Program)
- Attending Conferences
- Attending Live Webinars
- Work Experience
- Publishing a Blog
- Publishing an Article or White Paper
- Publishing a Book
- Complete a College Course
- Teach or Mentor
- Create Instructional Materials
- Participate as a SME in a CompTIA CEU Exam Development Workshop
- Complete an American Council on Education (ACE) Course
- Earn a Non-CompTIA IT Industry Certification
Note that, some of these activities have maximum limits for submitting CEUs. For instance, you can submit a maximum of 3 CEUs per year as work experience. So, in a three-year CompTIA renewal cycle, you can submit a maximum of 9 CEUs through work experience. You can read all the details, and limits for CASP+ CE credits in our CompTIA Continuing Education (CE) article.
CompTIA has a CertMaster CE program as well. In this program, you attend a self-paced course, and your certification is renewed automatically. However, this program is only available for A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications.
Watch How Andrea Renewed Her CompTIA Certification
Andrea Zelaya is a CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional. Andrea enrolled in the CompTIA CEU Online Course from SFBS and renewed her CompTIA certification. Watch now her CompTIA renewal journey.
What is the Most Popular and Easiest CASP+ CEU Earning Way?
The most popular way to earn CASP+ CEU credits is by attending a training course. Typically, a one-hour length of course activity earns one CompTIA CEU credit towards renewing your CompTIA certification. You can attend an in-person course, a virtual course, a self-paced course, or a hybrid delivery. However, the most convenient option for working professionals is attending a self-paced course. In a self-paced course, you can follow the lectures at any time your schedule allows. For virtual or in-person courses, you must set a time and activity must fit your schedule.
Why are the CASP+ CE Online Courses Popular?
While there are several benefits of renewing CASP+ certification through CompTIA CEU courses, here are the top five reasons.
- No Caps: There is no maximum limit for the education category, so, you can earn all CASP+ CEU credits in one program, and renew your CASP+ certification. You do not need to go elsewhere to find additional CEUs.
- Self-Paced: You do not need to attend an event, conference, or seminar. You can follow the courses at your place, at your pace.
- Affordable: Depending on the program content, you can enroll in a self-paced CompTIA CEU Online course bundle for ~$200-300. However, seminars or conferences start from $1,000, not only that, you cannot earn all CEU needs in one event.
- Requires less effort: When you enroll in CompTIA Continuing Education courses, all you have to do is follow the curriculum, earn CEUs, and renew your CompTIA. However, other CEU earning ways require significant effort from the CompTIA-certification holder such as creating content, sharing a presentation, volunteering, etc.
- Less prone to CompTIA audit: Since the CEU training programs are used by many CompTIA-certified professionals, CompTIA already has a track and record of the activities. However, for other categories, CEU submissions are more unique and may be more likely to hit a CompTIA audit.
San Francisco Business School offers a self-paced Free CompTIA CEU Course Online Program as well. If you attend this program, you can earn 3 Free CEU credits and submit them in the training category.
CompTIA CASP+ CE requirement is earning 75 CEUs every three years and paying a $50 annual CE fee. Once you earned the required CEUs and paid the annual fees, your CASP+ certification is renewed for three years. After the renewal, a new three-year period starts.
There are 13 different ways to earn CASP+ CEU credits. The most popular option is attending online CEU courses. CASP+-certified professionals opt for online CEU courses because they are affordable, easy to attend, and less prone to CompTIA audits. Besides, there is no maximum limit for attending courses. You can earn and submit all required CEUs by attending courses.